How to set up a PDF feedback session
With methinks, users can create research projects with methinks participants (Thinkers) or with their own users (My Users) to receive feedback on PDF documents.
To create a PDF feedback session please make sure you have added PDF Markup as a task when creating your research project or edit your research project and add a PDF Markup task.
If you have already created a research project but didn’t add the PDF Markup task yet, you can do so by clicking on Project Settings on your methinks dashboard. Learn how to edit Project Settings.
- To set up a PDF Markup Session:
1. On your methinks dashboard, click on the PDF Markup dropdown menu button.
2. Click on Setup.
3. Select the PDF file you want to receive feedback on and drag and drop it in the dotted box. Or, click on Browse to choose a file from your computer and click on Open.
4. A screen share session will be created under Sessions.
Note: Each session has two links: one for the host (that’s you!) and observers, and one for the participant. Make sure to keep track of the corresponding links for each session in order to avoid multiple participants joining the same session.
To create a new session:
1. Click on + Create New Session.
2. A new session with Host/Observers URL, Participant URL & Pin code will be created.
Pro tip: Make sure to share the correct URL link and passwords with participants ahead of the session.
Pro tip: Click on the blue copy button to copy the URL and code. To share the link with a teammate or a participant, press and hold Command + V (for Mac) or Control + V (for Windows) or simply right-click the mouse and select Paste.
How PDF Markup feedback sessions work on methinks