Video interview features
With the methinks dashboard, you have access to all features you need to seamlessly execute a Virtual Interview. You can request screen share and share your own screen, create bookmarks and notes, send links via chat with participants, receive instructions and talk to observers through the private chat, share media files, and more.
You can try out methinks video interview features at any time by using our Pre-Call Test feature.
- To test video interview features using the Pre-Call Test:
1. On the Home page click on Pre-Call Test.
2. Click on Start to start the guide and follow the instructions as you go through the guide to try out the interview features.
- To join a video interview:
1. On the Home page click on Join Interview.
Note: the Join Interview button will become clickable and you will be able to enter the video interview room 10 minutes before the interview start time.
2. After clicking on Join Interview you will be taken to the video interview room and will be able to start your video interview.
- To join a video interview as an observer/or a moderator:
1. Click on Join Interview.
2. Choose between the Join as an observer and the Join as a moderator option.
Note: At least 1 moderator must be present for the interview to begin.
Learn more about the differences between moderators and observers.
- To exchange messages, share links, and more with participants during the video interview:
1. Click on Messages to open the chat interface.
2. Type the message in the Enter a message box.
3. Press the → (arrow) icon or press the Enter key on your keyboard to send the message.
Pro tip: In the chat interface you will also see any past messages exchange between you and the participants invited to the interview.
- To exchanges messages, share links, and more with observers during the video interview:
1. Click on Messages to open the chat interface.
2. Select the Observers tab.
3. Type the message in the Enter a message box.
4. Press the → (arrow) icon or press the Enter key on your keyboard to send the message.
Note: Only moderators and observers have access to this chat. Participants won’t be able to read the messages sent in the observer’s chat.
- To enable/disable the camera during the video interview:
1. Click on the Camera icon to enable video.
2. Click on the Camera icon again to disable the video.
- To enable/disable the microphone during the video interview:
1. Click on the Mic icon to enable the mic.
2. Click on the Mic icon again to disable the mic.
- To finish the interview:
1. Click on the Hang Up icon.
2. Click on Leave or End Session to hang up.
Pro-tip: If you click on End Session, this interview session will be finished, meaning that you and other participants won’t be able to rejoin. If you are planning on rejoining this interview, please Leave the session instead.
- To share your screen:
1. Click on the Share your screen icon.
2. Choose the screen you want to share.
3. Click on Share.
- To stop sharing your screen:
1. Click on the Stop sharing.
- To share a file:
1. Click on the Share a file.
2. Click on Share an image.
3. Drag and drop the image file on the dotted outlined box or click on Select one from the computer. Select the image and click on open.
4. Click on Share to share the image with your interview participants.
Pro tip: Click on the x icon to remove the image and select another one.
- To view all files shared during the interview session:
1. Click on the Shared images icon located at the bottom of the page.
- To view all participants in the interview session:
1. All participants in the interview session can be seen at the bottom of the interview dashboard.
- To request participants to share their screens:
1. Click on Request screen share.
2. Choose the type of screen share (Webpage or App) you want your participants to share.
If Webpage Screenshare is selected, paste or type the webpage URL and click on Confirm.
If App Screenshare is selected, click on Confirm.
- To add a bookmark:
1. Click on Add a bookmark.
2. Click to select the type of bookmark you want to add (Important, New Insight, or Good Quote).
Note: All bookmarks are time-stamped to your video interview. This means that when you are watching the interview recordings you can skip to the exact moment you added bookmarks to.
- To add notes:
1. Click on Notepad.
2. Type the note you want to add.
3. Press Enter to save the note.
Note: All notes are time-stamped to your video interview. This means that when you are watching the interview recordings you can skip to the exact moment you added notes to.
- To send participants interview questions:
1. Click on Ask Questions.
2. Select a Question Category.
3.Choose the question you want to send and click on Send.
Pro tip: Once participants have answered the questions you will see their answers below each question.
Note: Interview questions must be added before the interview starts. Learn how to create interview questions.
- To change the screen share layout settings:
1. Click on the Screenshare Layout Settings icon.
2. Click to choose how the camera and screen streams should appear.
- To change the camera and microphone settings:
1. Click on the Camera & Microphone Settings icon.
2. Click the CAMERA and the MICROPHONE drop-down menus and select the desired camera and microphone to use.
3. Click on Update.